Tuesday 31 January 2012

Little Botanica in New Zealand... part one

Last summer we made a new and very fabulous friend who spend the summer with us trying out our Scottish way of life!

This January I returned the adventure, I packed my jandles and made my way to New Zealand to spend some time with Katherine at Wishing Well Flowers in Hawera, Taranaki.

I had an amazing time seeing how they do it on the other side of the world.... ;)

Katherine's shop is gorgeous! She is an amazing inspiration.... and not only the way she puts her flowers together.... she is the most hard working and dedicated person we have met in floristry! She lives and breathes creativity and beauty..... I can only hope that I have brought back with me a little bit of the specialness that comes so naturally to our Katherine.

So.... I may have taken quite a lot of photographs of Katherines shop..... so em..... put the kettle on and have a chocolate biccy while you enjoy these............ The pop on to the next blog and have a look at the amazing scenery we seen in NZ!













 Everywhere you look in the shop, you see something new..... or should I say vintage?!






 And some weddings I helped with......







Katherine's corsages.....











And here are a few of Katherine's gorgeous gift bouquets that we managed to snap before they exited the shop with a very happy customer.... and they didn't stay in the shop for long! ....





Missing you already Kate!
 


Hopefully we will see you on our side of the globe again this summer???!!!


You can also find out what Katherine's been getting up to on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment